Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Beauty Test Tube May/June 2014

Hello Sirens! I have so many subscription boxes to review, but tonight I'm sharing my May/June New Beauty Test Tube!


May/June Test Tube


Tan Towel Classic Self-Tan Towelettes Half Body Application For Face & Body
Full Size (5 Towelettes, Each 0.25 fl oz)-$24.00 Value!

Since I try to stay out of the sun as much as I can, I use a self tanner or get a spray tan if I want to darken my skin color. But I'm not typically a big fan of towelettes because it can be difficult to get an even application. Plus, I think it's kind of expensive per use compared to buying a bottle of tanning lotion. But I'll give these a shot since they are highly rated.


Macadamia Natural Oil Flawless Cleansing Conditioner
Deluxe Size (3 oz)-$12.38 Value!

This is the first conditioner I've seen that cleans hair by conditioning! I am really excited to try this shampoo alternative because if I don't wash my hair every day it ends up looking greasy. I usually try to utilize dry shampoo in between washings to give my hair a break, so I'm intrigued to see how this product will work.


Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick (Cobalt)
Full Size (0.06 oz)-$25.00 Value!


I love the lasting color of this eye shadow! The color is so pigmented, plus the stick makes for easy application. I am definitely interested in trying this in other shades. 


Revision Skincare Intellishade Broad-Spectrum SPF 45
Deluxe Size (Unknown)-Unknown Value

I couldn't find a size listed anywhere on the sample or its packaging, so I can't determine the correct value of this sample. However, the full size is 1.7 fl oz and retails for $52.00. I liked both of these tinted moisturizers, but lean more toward the matte finish. 


Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!
Deluxe Size (1 fl oz)-$4.95 Value!

I got one of these in my January Ipsy bag, and really liked it. I don't have a lot of hair masks and it smells really good, so I haven't decided if I am going to pass it on to a friend or keep the extra. 


Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream
Deluxe Size (1 fl oz)-$1.73 Value!

I've been seeing this everywhere and have been wanting to try it, so I'm happy to have it included. But at this price point I feel they could have included the full size.


Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
Deluxe Size (0.1 oz)-$1.60 Value!

This cream had a similar consistency to Vaseline to me, but it was nice to use on my lips and cuticles. I am curious to see how well it works on hands or cracked feet.

Beauty To-Go Extras:


Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy (Tuscan Honey)
Deluxe Size(1.35 oz)-$4.95 Value!

This hand cream contains a top not of honey comb, heart notes of brown sugar fig, and base notes of vanilla absolute and amber. I love the smell of this hand cream and can't wait to try other products from this brand!


Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths
Sample Size (1 Cloth)~$0.30 Value!

I've never used a product like this before, and this isn't something I would think to purchase for myself. But I will keep it in my bag to refresh on a hot day or to use after a workout.


CoTZ Face, for Natural Skintones, SPF 40 Sunscreen
Sample Size (1.0 g)-0.47 Value!

I don't know why people complain of getting too much sunscreen because most people aren't using enough! Sun protection is so important, so I am always happy to receive sunscreen, especially one I can use on the face!


FY Face Wraps (Avocado & Vitamin E)
(1 Facial Wrap, 0.81 oz)-$5.00 Value!

I love face masks because I feel like I'm getting a spa treatment while doing my skin good. While I'm use to using clay masks, I don't typically get to try these types of masks, so it's fun to receive.

Total Cost: $38.90 (29.95 plus $8.95 shipping)
Total Value: $80.38 not including the Intellishade!

This tube was kind of a mixed bag. Not only was it not valued as highly as the last tube, but it just didn't seem to have that wow factor. But despite this, I will use a lot of the items this summer.

What did you think of this tube? What kind of product would you like to see in a future tube?

If you would like to subscribe to New Beauty Test Tube and get $5 off of your first tube, send me an email with your first name at AquaticAllure@gmail.com requesting the discount. I will plug in your email address and first name into their website and they will send you information about how to get $5 off of your first tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment