Monday, January 27, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag January 2014

Hey Mermaids! Today I want to finally show you what I got in this month's Ipsy bag!!

This month's theme is 19 Reasons!

 
January Bag
 
This might be my least favorite bag design. While I love the blue and green colors, I'm not thrilled with the graphic on the bag.

 
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
Deluxe Sample (1 fl oz)-$4.95 Value!
 
Other Ipsters received Benefit the POREfessional, Coastal Scents Small Foundation Brush, Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner, or Marula Pure Marula Facial Oil. While I was hoping to get the Sexy Hair product, I am excited to try out this hair mask because I've never used one before. I think it will be a nice addition to my hair care routine. It smells really nice, kind of like a light coconut scent. And I should be able to get multiple uses out of it since I recently cut my hair short like Amanda Seyfriend's style in the movie In Time.

 
Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow (Pearl)
Deluxe Size (0.7 g)-$7 Value!
 
You could have also received this in the color Penny or Yaby Liquid Foundation in Buff. You can use this smooth shadow as an eyeliner, eyeshadow, or highlighter. However, I have other eyeshadow I'd rather use, so I will be putting this in my giveaway pile.

 
MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm (Fiesta)
Deluxe Size (2.5 g)-$18.75 Value!
 
Ipsters could have also received this in Natural or (MALIN + GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm. I kind of wanted to try the Mojito Lip Balm since I've never tried any (MALIN + GOETZ) products before, but I am content getting this since I liked the MicaBeauty Eyeshadow I received in my August Glam Bag. Plus, rumor has it that MicaBeauty and Cailyn Cosmetics may be using the same PLM (private label manufacturer), so their products are pretty much the same. Since I loved the Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm I received in my September Ipsy Bag, I'm sure I'll enjoy this one too.

 
Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads
Deluxe Size (4 Pads)-10.93 Value!
 
This was one of two variation items I received. Other items you could have received were Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion, Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo, Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissue, Willa On The Go Face Towelettes, Epice Purifying Exfoliant, Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Monoi Anti-Aging Sugar Scrub, Balanced Guru Balm Me Up Organic Sweet Cocoa & Tangy Body Balm, Skiin Soothing and Smoothing Eye Cream, Apothederm Bright Skin Serum, and LeeAnni Eco 3 in 1 Revolution.

I was disappointed to see Proactiv+ in my Ipsy bag. I don't suffer from acne besides the occasional zit, so I don't see getting much use out of these. Plus, according to the Cosmetics Cop, these pads contain strong irritants, and the pH is outside the range needed for the active ingredient to exfoliate skin and improve marks from past breakouts. So if I'm going to get an acne treatment product, I'd at least like it to work!!


Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion
Deluxe Size (0.5 oz) $6.47 Value!
 
This was the other variation item I received. I would have liked to try the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Dry Shampoo or Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Monoi Anti-Aging Sugar Scrub, but I am still excited to try this product out. It smells really nice and you all know how much I am loving rosewater lately!
 
Total Paid: $10.00
Total Value: $48.10!


 Even though this was one of the highest valued bags I've received, it was a bit of a disappointment this month. While I was happy to see Ipsy incorporating more skincare and non-makeup items this month, I wasn't thrilled with Proactiv+ being in the mix.
 
If  you'd like to sign up for Ipsy, I'd love it if you'd use my referral link!
By doing so I can earn credit towards receiving an additional product in my bag to review!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment