Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag May 2014

While this month's Ipsy bag wasn't my favorite, I like that they have been deviating a little bit from makeup and including more skincare items.

 
May Glam Bag

This month we got a canvas bag!

 
This month's theme is Fresh Picks!
 
 
 
Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo (Duo 1: Celestial & Opal)
Deluxe Size (0.07 oz)- $3.92 Value!

 
Everyone got one of these, but some Ipsters received Duo 2: Moonbeam & Unicorn. These exclusive duos were customized just for Ipsy from the Mystical and Charmed palettes. I have been wanting to try Pacifica's body butters for a while, but haven't received any of their products through Ipsy until now. I was kind of disappointed that when I finally got to try the brand it was their Eyeshadow, but the packaging is kind of cute and the shades look pretty.

 
Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50
Deluxe Size (1 fl oz)-$2.17 Value!
 
 You could have instead received Jersey Shore Sans Tan Anti-aging Sunscreen. I've never heard of this brand before, but it's powered by COOLA, a brand I love. I am happy to get this in my bag because sunscreen is so important! I can definitely use more sunscreen and am glad Ipsy included some in everyone's bag because it is a must-have!
 
 
Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask
Deluxe Size (10 ml)- $7.00 Value!
 
This was a variation item. You could have instead received Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Adios, Frappe, Champagne, Bloody Mary, or Caviar Cocktail, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Olive Natural Beauty Lips in Refreshinging Rosemary Lip Balm, Calvin Klein Endless Euphoria, Boo Boo Cover-Up, Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive, or Lulu Blossom Dreamscile Body Balm.
 
 I really wanted the Too Faced bronzer or Revlon lip balm, but I'm glad to have the chance to try this. I love scrubs and masks, so I'm intrigued by this exfoliating mask!
 
 
Pur~lisse pur~moist hyrda balance moisturizer
Deluxe Size (0.5 oz)-$16.18 Value!
 
This was another variation item. You could have instead received Pur~lisse pur~protect spf 30, Balanced Guru No Frizz, Eva NYC Mane Tamer Leave In Cream, EVA NYC Rock-A-Wave Curl Cream, or EVA NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask.

This moisturizer is intended for normal to dry skin. While my skin is more normal to oily, I thought this was a nice moisturizer. I also really like the packaging with the Blue Lotus Flower design.
 
 
Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub
Deluxe Size (1 oz)-$15.00 Value!
 
This was the last of the variation items. You could have also received Bare Foot Exfoliating Polish, LA Fresh Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water, Coastal Scents Classic Blender Brush Crease Natural, Crown Brush Pro Blending Fluff Brush, Crown Brush Chisel Shader, LA Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes, Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler, Mee Beauty Pure Honey Infused Night Cream-Bee Nourished, or Balanced Guru No Frizz.
 
I'm not excited about this scrub because according to Beautypedia it contains several irritating citrus oils. I wish I had received the eyelash curler or one of the makeup brushes instead.
 
Total Paid: $10.00
Total Value: $44.27!
 
At first I was unhappy when I found out what I was getting in my Ipsy bag because I saw that I was missing out on some great items! I think if I got either the Revlon Lip Balm or Too Faced Bronzer it would have made up for the Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub. Or it would have at least been better if the scrub was substituted for something I could actually use. But while I was a little disappointed in this month's bag, I'm glad it at least contained all new brands for me to try.
 
If you'd like to sign up for Ipsy, I'd love it if you'd use my referral link!
By doing so I can earn credit towards receiving an additional product in my bag to review!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment