Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Birchbox: October 2013

Hey everyone! I was so excited to see that my Birchbox came in the mail the other day! Even though I knew what was waiting for me because I peaked when Birchbox updated the website, I could not wait to come home to open it!!


Birchbox's theme this month is Beauty Buzz!!

 
The Balm Cosmetics Stainiac (Beauty Queen)
Deluxe Size (0.04 fl oz)-$3.40 Value

At first I had mixed feelings about this product. I've been wanting to try something from The Balm, but I haven't been the biggest fan of lip stains. However, I'm glad Birchbox sent this to me because I like it so much better than the Benetint I received in a previous Ipsy Bag.

I thought I was really going to like Benetint since so many people rave about it, but other than the lovely rose scent I didn't care for the product. I felt it was too sheer even with numerous applications and using it as a cheek tint was too messy.

While this stain isn't moisturizing I don't find it drying either. The color payout isn't very bold, but just enough to give my lips some color with a single application. I love that it has a wand applicator instead of a brush making application so much easier. I don't know if I'll use it as a cheek stain, but this product has definitely made me rethink disregarding lip stains.

 
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum
Deluxe Size (5 ml)-$4.18 Value

This is the product I was most excited about. I have been wanting to try Supergoop! for a while now and am a big advocate for sun protection. This is one sample I will use up to completion pretty quickly.

 
12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment
Deluxe Size (1.5 oz)-$4.75 Value

I was also thrilled to get this in my box since I love getting hair care samples! Even though I've recently purchased a few full size hair products, I still love trying new items and this will be great to stash in my gym bag. Plus any product that has 12 benefits is definitely a must-try!

 
Evologie Stay Clear Cream
Deluxe Size (10 ml)-$20.66 Value

I wasn't excited to get this in my box since I already have a skin care regime consisting of products that prevent and treat any blemishes that may arise. But I won't let this product go to waste as it is super expensive!! At least it'd be nice to have for travel-purposes.

 
ChapStick Hydration Lock (Vanilla Crème)
Full Size! Approximate Value:  $1.49 to $2.99

Sometimes Birchbox will throw in an extra product that doesn't count towards the number of products in your box. This was an extra product they threw in and I'm ecstatic since I can never have too many lip balms! And this one is amazing-it smells great and feels smooth on my lips.


Total Paid: $10.00
Total Value: $32.99 not including the free ChapStick!



 I am pretty content with this month's Birchbox! I'm so glad I didn't get any mascara this month!!
 
Do you have a Birchbox subscription? If so, what did you think of this month's box?
If you aren't subscribed, you can sign up for Birchbox for $10/Month using my referral link here!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment