Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag October 2013

I got my Ipsy bag in the mail last week and am finally ready to share it with you all!


October's theme is The Art Of Beauty!


October Glam Bag

I'm not in love with this month's bag. I like the type, which is similar to the last two months, but I'm not a fan of the writing in lieu of a design.

 
Zoya Nail Polish (Mason)
Full Size- $8.00 Value

This is red violet or "Fandango Pink" metallic from the new Cashmeres & Satins Collection!
Everyone got a polish in their bag but the other two Satin colors you could have received were Nerve (sapphire blue metallic) and Giovanna (emerald green metallic). I was initially drawn to Giovanna given my love for green anything, but I was kind of hoping to receive Nerve because I don't as many deeper blues. But I love Zoya and I think it's awesome that we got a full size bottle! Plus, this color will be an interesting addition to my collection!


Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel
Deluxe Size (1.7 oz)-$3.39 Value

You know me-I'm loving these hair samples! But while I use Volumizing products often, I don't think I've tried one in a gel formula before. I really liked this product-it was easy to use and works well! Those who didn't receive this product got Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay.
 
 
Buxom Full-On Lip Polish (Dolly)
Deluxe Size (0.07 oz)- $8.87 Value

I was excited to get this in my bag since it was expected to be in my Sephora VIB Celebration Bag, but was replaced with a Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie in Maverick. I don't particularly like the tingling sensation, but I suppose that's typical for a lip plumping gloss. However, I do like the color and would be open to trying other shades in the future.
 
 
H20 Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment
Deluxe Size (0.34 oz) $7.20 Value

This was the one product I wasn't happy to see this in my bag. I already have a skincare regime that works well for me, so I'm not in need of any skin care samples. But mostly I'm not a fan of the jar packaging because all the beneficial ingredients will quickly degrade once the jar is open and repeatedly dipping your fingers in the jar is unsanitary!

 
be Delectable Hand Cream (Strawberry & Cream)
Deluxe Size (2 oz)-$5.00 Value

I was happy to see I got this item in my bag! I love to have a hand lotion to stash in my bag and the scent is definitely delectable as the name suggests! I love the smell-it reminds me of strawberry shortcake! I definitely plan to try other scents from this line in the future!

Other items you could have received were Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers, Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster, Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush, La Fresh Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes, Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion, Ofra Sultry Lipgloss and Plumper, Ole Henriksen Truth Crème Advanced Hydration, Star Looks Lip Pencil, and Wet n Wild Photo Op Eyeshadow.
 
Total Paid: $10.00
Total Value: $32.46


What did you think of this month's bag?
Which product was your favorite this month?
 
If  you'd like to sign up for Ipsy, I'd love it if you'd use my referral link! 
By doing so I can earn credit towards receiving an additional product in my bag to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment